Librarian: S. M. Chaudhari
Book Collections :-
There are following sections in our library.
|Sr.No.||Section||Total No. of Books|
|2||The Times Of India|
|NO||Periodicals / Journals|
|2||ELECTRONICS FOR YOU (M)|
|3||INDIA TODAY (HINDI)(W)|
|6||COMPUTER SCIENCE JOURNALS(3M)|
|7||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY JOURNAL(3M)|
|9||LINUX FOR YOU (M)|
|10||LIBERTY CARRIER NEWS|
|12||FACT FOR YOU|
|14||MBA REVIEW (M)|
|15||MARKETING MANAGEMENT (3M)|
|16||CSR ENGLISH (M)|
|17||BUSINESS ECONOMY (Q)|
|18||4PS BUSINESS & MARKETING (Q)|
|19||BUSINESS TODAY (Q)|
|20||UNIVERSITY NEWS (W)|
|21||LATEST FACTS IN GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (M)|
|22||MANAGEMENT RESEARCH JOURNAL (M)|
We have Subscribed for 22 periodicals / Journals on various subjects and 2 news papers.Periodicals / Journals / News Papers :-
The library is located on the First floor of the Central Library College building. Any reader can easily come in the library without disturbing the routine teaching work of the college .
Technical Process and Library Automation :-
Dewey decimal classification system and A.ACR-II systems are applied for books classification and cataloguing. We have started library Automanation since-2006. We use SOUL ( Software for university library ) Network version for library automation. The software is prepared by INFLIBNET under the guidance of U.G.C. We have completed the computerization of the books. we are introduced a computerized system for issuing books. In additation to that, an OPAC and WEBOPAC system will assist to explore the needs of the students like the author of the book, title and subject.
Book Bank Library:
We will developed good facility for Book Bank Library.
Special Service :-
Sometimes Ex-students of our college campus and other employees from the society visit our library for they need reference books for the preparation of the various examinations like GPSC, UPSC, Banking, M.B.A., M.C.A. etc. We fulfill their requirement by issuing necessary books in the account of our staff members. If it is not possible. We issue books with 100% deposit of the book price.
We have developed website for our library which works as “Webopac” and it gives all the details like the status of students for library, list of available books, e-books of different subjects, e-papers of college and university exams, Syllabus…etc.
Our library books data is published online at GUJCAT website where few of the institutions/organizations have highlighted their data among the different institutions from Gujarat.
The Library has started new concept of Lecturers gallery. In this gallery all the lecturers put their notes and materials in e-form in our WEBOPAC, so students/research scholars find it useful to know about study materials available in their disciplines.
Library conducts Orientation Programme for new entrants and faculty members to orients them about available library facility in the beginning of every year.
Inter Library Loan :-
We have an inter library loan facility with our Arts, Science, Commerce, B.B.A., Law ,Fine Arts College and D.D. Choksi secondary Education College. We have extended this facility for the teachers working in different schools in the city.
A. Features of the Library:-
- Library is having 106408+ books and journals Collection.
- Relevant stock of references in Computer, General Knowledge subjects.
- Facility of all subjects’ dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- Almost 3 research periodicals and various periodicals.
- Well equipped subject wise book- shelves.
- Library services are also computerized.
- We are affiliated to University Network organized by U.G.C.
- Facility of Loan Library books for economically backward students.
- A separate shelf for old periodicals.
B. Services of College Library:
- Reference and bibliography services.
- Provide career oriented materials to the students.
- Set of university question papers is issued to students.
- Students are made aware of curriculum and career oriented articles published in periodicals and dailies.
- We have subscribed career oriented magazines and periodicals.
- University and college toppers are privileged with books and other aids.
- Open access to students for their selection of books from the shelves.
With the assistance of generous donation the Central and Research Library building is under construction. The library will be facilitated with:
- Audio-visual aids
- Employees of the college campus will be issued books including teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Architectural pictures will be stocked of this region.
- Teachers of the campus, former students and district employees will be helped to pursue research study in research library.
- Employees of the district interested in reading will be benefited by paying nominal deposit to the library.
- Audio-visual aids
The library is equipped with updated books, AV materials, projector and other modern gadgets pertaining to education.
The institution provides the requisite resources and student support through wide variety of textbooks, study materials, reference books covering all the aspects of Education. At the College campus college having 2500 books related to different Computer Technology and other Books for personality as well as skill development.
There are also more than 07 different monthly magazines available to keep students in touch with the latest technology.
- Digit (with CD)
- Electronic For You (EFY)
- Competition Success Review(CSR)
- Uddichya (Patan University)
- India Today (HIndi)
- Health Screen